There is an exciting new release of www.RunSignUp.com coming next week! We would like to invite all of our race directors to be a part of our testing process. All you need to do is go to http://test.RunSignUp.com. You should be able to login with your usual username and password (there is a convenient button if you forgot your password that will set up a new one for you). We have your registered users for your race as of a few days ago. The best thing to do is go in and try to add some of the new features, like store items or a donation or a coupon code and see how your race page looks. Go ahead and add runners to your event. The credit card processing is NOT hooked up – so there will be no charges if you test that out. And we will not be saving any of this data or any of the changes you make to your test race. Let us know any feedback or suggestions. Thanks! Here is a look at the major new features:
- Easy Family Sign Up. Allows a person to sign up multiple people at the same time, making things faster, easier and less expensive.
- Custom Questions. You can now ask runners for additional information – such as if they want to be on your newsletter mailing list, or how much they have been training, or what they like most about your event, or how many years they have run your event, or even what team or relay they are a part of (we will have a better solution for that in the next release in June).
- Donations. You can now accept simple donations. You can set up predetermined levels, and people can donate anonymously. This can also be a separate widget that you put on your website all year round to accept donations to your charitable organization.
- Store. This gives you the ability to easily sell additional items, such as Pasta dinner tickets, or perhaps race logo clothing. Again, this can be a separate widget that you could have on your website all year long. There is also the ability to have a cut-off date for ordering. This is convenient for doing pre-order only items.
- Store Order Management. Manage your orders with adding shipping information, archiving orders, and doing partial refunds.
- Coupons. Set up any number of coupons. For example, you could have an “Elite” coupon to take 100% off the cost of a race. You could have a “USATF Member” coupon to take $2 off of a race. Use any combination of $ and %, as well as set what type of registrations can use it (first time only, once per family, etc.)
- Participants Widget. Use this to show who has signed up for your race. Since you can upload paper entries for free, you can show all runners who are registered for your race.
- Custom Email templates. We now allow race directors to customize the emails that are sent to race participants.
- Easier to use Race Director page. We have gone to a full menu system on the races page that will allow you direct access to more functions. This makes it simpler for you to use and allows us to keep bringing you great new features.